Student Work Permits

All Permits and Applications are to be sent to the BOE. After reviewing, we will then forward to Child Labor Department.


Age certificate (16 or 17 year old)

Work permit (14 or 15 year old)


304.348.7770 ext. 118


Employer must complete Section A of Application. Please indicate hours to work and stay within guidelines as permitted by law for a 14 and 15 year old. Employer must sign that he or she is going to hire the student.

Employer needs to also complete and sign the attached Employment Activity Statement for the student to take back to the school or bring to the Board of Education.


One parent or guardian must fill out Section B of Application and sign as indicated on application.


Principal, teacher, dean or counselor must complete Section C of Application and sign. If school is out for the summer, skip Section C.


After application has been completed, the student must be present with his or her certified birth certificate, (not the one from the hospital) and must have his or her social security number (card) to the Board of Education Building located at 200 Elizabeth Street, Charleston, WV 25311, Room 114.

Please follow all instructions, permits cannot be issued unless A, B, & C of application are completed.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.