2021-2022 Free Student Meals

2021-2022 Free Student Meals
Posted on 08/12/2021

The Kanawha County Board of Education is participating in the USDA Seamless Summer Option (SSO)as well as the Community Eligibility Provision, for the current school year 2021-2022.  These programs provide free breakfast and lunch to all students enrolled in Kanawha County. Household applications are not required to receive free meals.

All students will be served breakfast and lunch at no charge at all county schools.  If your child is a virtual learning child or if you have other children under 18 and are interested in receiving free meals please contact: Kanawha County Child Nutrition Department , Attention: Diane M. Miller, Child Nutrition Director,3300 Pennsylvania Ave, Charleston, WV, 25302, (304) 348-6660 ext.138,[email protected]

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture 
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW 
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or 
  3. email: [email protected].

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.