KCS Technology Help During School Closure
- Briana Warner
Schoology Update 4-17-20
While Schoology had been down for a period of time due to the number of students using the platform across the nation, the past week we have had very few issues. Thank you for your patience.
Other Technology Issues & Questions
IMPORTANT TECHNOLOGY REMINDER
You MUST sign into home access every 24 hours for the internet to work on the school iPad. This resolves 90% of the issues we are recieving.
If you choose home access and the page doesn't load for you to sign into the captive protal, please try the following steps:
1. Try going to another website in safari and see if the captive portal will load.
2. Try to go to settings and scroll down to safari and clear all history and website data.
3. Go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings.
NO INTERNET SERVICE
Kanawha County Schools cannot provide you with internet service. However, here are some things that you can try.
1. Check with your cell phone company. Many of them are offering hotspot service for free that you could connect your child's iPad to and download work.
2. You can see your child’s work from any smart phone. The student can then complete the work on the iPad and then submit it when you can get to WiFi or take a picture of it with the phone and submit it from the phone.
3. If you live in Suddenlink's area, they are offering free home internet for 60 days for students who are out of school. You can have a parent call this number. 888-633-0030.
4. If you can get to ANY KCS school near where you live, you can get wifi from outside the building. You can download and screenshot your work and then complete it and upload it when you are able to get Internet again. I know this isn't ideal but it will work considering the issues we are facing.
As always the technology department can be reached the following ways:
How-to videos for students, teachers and parents
Phone messages - 304-348-6116 - we are calling everyone back but you will get a faster response through email.