Congratulations class of 2018 graduates
Class of 2018 walking to take a seat at graduation
Pictured: Madison Hackworth and Katlyn Daniels
Pictured: Eden Douglas and TJ Wood
Pictured: Eden Douglas, Noah Underwood, Jacob Syner, and Natalie Cronin
Pictured: Madison Wazelle, Allison Stanley, Kelsi Lane, Monica Wallace, Courtney Perdue, Eden Douglas, Madison Hackworth, and Taylor Hicks
Pictured: Christina Hamilton and Brooke Hanson
Pictured: Kennedy Buckley and Natalie Cronin
Summer Sports Practice will be held at RHS beginning Monday, June 11th, and ending on Friday, June 20th. The following sports have scheduled their specific time for these summer practice days:
- Softball - at their field - June 11-15 - 5:00-8:30pm
- Cheer - in the Gyms - 9:00-11:00am
- Girls Basketball - in the Gyms - 11:00am-1:00pm
- Volleyball - in the Gyms - 4:00-6:00pm
- Boys Basketball - in the Gyms - 6:00-8:00pm
- Wrestling - Mostly Outside - 5:00-7:00pm
- Girls Soccer - At their field M,W,F 4:30-6:30p / Lifting Tuesday and Thursday 5:00-7:00pm
- Boys Soccer - at their field - 6:00-8:00pm (First two weeks only)
While not entirely new to Riverside, FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) had been missing from our school for fourteen years before Mrs. Kinningham reestablished the program this school year. Prior to the 2017-18 school year, FBLA was last offered to the students of Riverside in 2004; about the time our Senior Class was starting pre-school!
On April 23-24th Mrs. Kinningham and the students of FBLA participated in the West Virginia FBLA State Leadership Conference which was held at the Embassy Suites in Charleston. As part of the State Conference, competitions are held in a number of separate events designed to measure students’ skill in business related activities. Although there were few, if any, people at the conference who could remember the last time that Riverside had participated in the conference, they all know about us now! Mrs. Kinningham introduced the state to the students of the 2018 RHS FBLA Club by dominating the competition!
Congratulations to the following winners from the 2018 WV FBLA State Leadership Conference:
- Ronald Cooper – First Place – Help Desk
- David Davis – First Place – Computer Problem Solving
- RHS FBLA Chapter (Chaired by: Chloe Henderson and RaeAnn Pettry) – First Place - Community Service Project
- Seth Hill – Second Place – 3D Animation
- Stephanie Kapp – Second Place – Business Plan
- RaeAnn Pettry – Third Place – Business Law
- Kyle Crum – Fourth Place – Cyber Security
- Chloe Henderson – Fourth Place – Introduction to Financial Math
All of these winners are invited to attend and compete in the 2018 National Leadership Conference, which will be held in Baltimore Maryland on June 28th - July 1st. First place winners will receive free travel to the national conference!
Click Here to view Mrs. Hudnall’s Summer Assignment for English 9 Honors. You will also need to get the book, "Things Fall Apart".
A photographer from Lifetouch was at the Riverside High School Graduation taking pictures for the yearbook. They had not intended to make these pictures available to the public, but have agreed to do so because so many people have asked.
The phographer took a large number of pictures, but please keep in mind that it was never their intention to take a picture of every graduate, that simply isn’t what they were asked to do.
You can view and purchase these pictures from Lifetouch at: www.lifetouchevents.com Use the Guest Paassword,
"RIVERSIDE" - All Caps!
We still have a few copies of the 2018 Yearbook!
Seniors who pre-ordered their yearbook can pick it up in the main office anytime during the school day. Only the pre-ordered yearbooks for students from the class of 2018 are in the office.
It is not too late to get your copy of the 2018 RHS Yearbook. A few extra copies are available in the School Store during Warrior Time. The cost is still only, $45.00 per copy.
Riverside High School will host a Summer Lunch Program that will run from July 9th through August 10th with lunch being served at noon Monday - Friday.
Anyone 18 and under can Eat for Free!