2018 Excess Levy
We want to wholeheartedly thank Kanawha County voters for passing the excess levy and voting to invest in our schools and our communities!
The passage means updated HVAC systems, fixed roofs, increased safety and security, and turf across the district. The excess levy funding will begin with our FY 2020 budget, beginning in July 2019. We look forward to charting a road map for projects in the coming months and will keep everyone updated on progress.
The excess levy passed by Kanawha County voters for school years beginning 2019-2023 includes the following priorities (numbers provided are for first year):
- $39,584,000 for professional, service and substitute wages, including specific funds for custodians, counselors and art teachers.
- $18,577,687 for HVAC improvements at 15 schools with the greatest need.
- $4,869,807 for roofing projects.
- $239,994 for safety & security improvements across the district.
- and, $1,648,512 for athletic turf installation at 7 of 8 high schools.
If you have any specific questions, please e-mail email@example.com. Thank you.